Avermectin ELISA Kit is a competitive ELISA kit to detect avermectin residues in milk.
The avermectins are a series of drugs and pesticides used to treat parasitic worms and insect pests. They are a group of 16-membered macrocyclic lactone derivatives with potent anthelmintic and insecticidal properties. The macrocyclic lactones (MLs) are an important class of chemicals, which are used worldwide as veterinary drugs and as crop protection agents. As a result, residues of MLs are important from both a food safety and environmental perspective.
Avermectins (AVMs) are widely used as an active substance for endo- and ectoparasites in veterinary medicine. AVMs are isolated from a fermentation broth of the soil actinomyete Streptomyces avermitilis. AVMs in commercial use are abamectin (ABA), doramectin (DORA), ivermectin (IVER), emamectin, eprinomectin (EPRI), moxidectin (MOXI), and selamectin. These compounds are registered for use in cattle and other food animals, fish farming, and pet animals.
AVMs are usually determined by HPLC, LC/MS/MS. Commercial ELISA kits are also available. This avermectins ELISA Kit is based on indirect competitive ELISA, the coupled antigen was pre-coated in the microwells, the avermectins residue in the sample will compete for the antibody with the pre-coated antigen, then add HRP enzyme conjugate and TMB substrate successively, the OD value of the sample is negatively correlated with the content of avermectin contained in the sample. The standard curve is fitted by regression and multiplied by the corresponding dilution ratio to obtain the content of avermectin in the sample.
Key facts of the Avermectin ELISA Kit
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on Competitive Immunoassay
- Total time required only 75min
- Highly specific to avermectin.
- Applicable for milk sample
Avermectin ELISA Kit parameters
- Sensitivity: 0.15 ppb, ng/ml
- Stability: 12 months when stored properly
- Accuracy: 80%-120%
Avermectin ELISA Kit components
- Precoated microwell, 96wells
- Avermectin standard series, 0.15 - 12.15 ng/ml
- Enzyme conjugate
- TMB Substrate
- Stop solution (not available when shipping by air)
- Sample buffer
- Wash buffer
For more information about the avermectin ELISA kit, please feel free to contact us.
- Kaufmann A, Butcher P, Maden K, et al. Quantification of anthelmintic drug residues in milk and muscle tissues by liquid chromatography coupled to Orbitrap and liquid chromatography coupled to tandem mass spectrometry[J]. Talanta, 2011, 85(2): 991-1000.
- Furlani R P Z, Dias F F G, Nogueira P M, et al. Occurrence of macrocyclic lactones in milk and yogurt from Brazilian market[J]. Food Control, 2015, 48: 43-47.
- Wang Z, Beier R C, Shen J. Immunoassays for the detection of macrocyclic lactones in food matrices–a review[J]. TrAC Trends in Analytical Chemistry, 2017, 92: 42-61.