Beijing March 3rd, according to the website of Ministry of Health, China, the 7th guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19 is released and starts as a new trial version. In the new released guidelines, IgM/IgG detection is now specified as a supplement for the diagnosis of COVID-19.
Here we share a few important points may help our partners or friends in the fighting against COVID-19.
- Disinfectant: 75% alcohol, chloride containing disinfectant,
- Susceptible people: people of all ages
- Clinical symptoms please refer to US CDC website.
Diagnosis of COVID-19
- RT-PCR or NGS testing of swabs from throat, blood, feces. Sputum / lung extract will be better choices of sample if possible.
- Serum testing for IgM/IgG: 3-5 days post infection with COVID-19 will get IgM positive, IgG will be positive in recovery period of late infection.
- CT scanning for lung damage and symptoms.
Confirmation of COVID-19 infection
- RT-PCR positive
- NGS result is the same or similar as nCOV (SARS-CoV-2)
- IgM / IgG positive, during recovery stage, IgG will rise to 4 times more.
Differentiation of COVID-19 with other respiratory disease
- RT-PCR / Antigen testing combined with clinical symptoms.
Here at Ringbio, we have this COVID-19 IgM/IgG rapid test kit for your research use. This kit is used to detect COVID-19 IgM/IgG antibodies in serum, plasma, blood. Result will be observed in 10-15min, which is quick, sensitive and fast. According to a preliniminary experiment carried out by local CDC, this kit detected 3 positive out of 50 samples, which is identical with RT-PCR testing, and it does not cross react with other respiratory disease antibodies.
Reading more info about this COVID-19 IgM/IgG test kit, please click here.