Chloramphenicol ELISA Kit is a competitive ELISA kit to detect chloramphenicol in milk, tissue and other food samples.
Although chloramphenicol is not approved for use in food-producing animals in the United States, this broad-spectrum antibiotic has been widely used to treat diseases in such animals including the lactating dairy cow. Extremely low ophthalmologic doses of chloramphenicol are known to cause aplastic anemia in humans. The residues in meat, milk, and eggs intended for human consumption cause particular public health concern because the bone marrow aplasia is not dose-dependent. Furthermore, chloramphenicol, a known inhibitor of protein synthesis, also retards erythropoiesis, a condition that is dose dependent and may cause allergic hypersensitivity reactions.
Now in EU, USA, China, Japan, and many other countries in the world, CAP is banned for use in animal production. Zero tolerance is set for chloramphenicol residue in food and food of animal origin.
This chloramphenicol ELISA Kit is based on indirect competitive ELISA, the coupled antigen was pre-coated in the microwells, the chloramphenicol will compete for the antibody with the pre-coated antigen, then add HRP enzyme conjugate and TMB substrate successively, the OD value of the sample is negatively correlated with the content of chloramphenicol contained in the sample. The standard curve is fitted by regression and multiplied by the corresponding dilution ratio to obtain the content of chloramphenicol in the sample.
**If you are looking for chloramphenicol rapid test kit, please check here
Key facts of the Chloramphenicol ELISA Kit
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on Competitive Immunoassay
- Total time required only 75min
- Highly specific to chloramphenicol .
- Applicable for milk sample
Chloramphenicol ELISA Kit parameters
- Sensitivity: 0.025 ppb, ng/ml
- Stability: 12 months when stored properly
- Accuracy: 80%-120%
Chloramphenicol ELISA Kit components
- Precoated microwell, 96wells
- Chloramphenicol standard series, 0.025 - 2.025 ng/ml
- Enzyme conjugate
- TMB Substrate
- Stop solution (not available when shipping by air)
- Sample buffer
- Wash buffer
For more information about the Chloramphenicol ELISA kit, please feel free to contact us.
- Allen, Edward H. "Review of chromatographic methods for chloramphenicol residues in milk, eggs, and tissues from food-producing animals." Journal of the Association of Official Analytical Chemists 68.5 (1985): 990-999..
- Settepani, Joseph A. "The hazard of using chloramphenicol in food animals." Journal of the American Veterinary Medical Association 184.8 (1984): 930-931.
- Kikuchi, Hiroyuki, et al. "Total determination of chloramphenicol residues in foods by liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry." Food chemistry 230 (2017): 589-593.