This Rabies Antibody IgG ELISA Kit is based on an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect rabies antibodies in canine or feline serum and plasma, moreover, it can be used in the supervision of rabies vaccine antibody levels in dogs and cats.
Rabies is a deadly virus spread to people from the saliva of infected animals. The rabies virus is usually transmitted through a bite. Rabies is a vaccine-preventable viral disease that occurs in more than 150 countries and territories. Dogs are the main source of human rabies deaths, contributing up to 99% of all rabies transmissions to humans. Interrupting transmission is feasible through vaccination of dogs and prevention of dog bites. According to CDC website, 0.5IU/mL is the minimum adequant level of serum antibody to protect cats or dogs from rabies infection. In order to make sure the rabies specific IgG level is over 0.5IU/mL, routine testing is always needed.
Key facts of the canine rabies antibody IgG ELISA kit
- Ready to use kits for lab staff
- No special instrument required
- Result visible in 60min
Technical information of Rabies IgG Antibody ELISA Kit
|Product name||Rabies IgG Antibody ELISA Kit|
|Test type||Qualitative or quantitative|
|Principle||Sandwich antibody immunoassay|
Application of the canine rabies antibody IgG ELISA kit
This kit shall be used to test rabies-specific antibodies in canine serum and plasma.
Canine rabies antibody IgG ELISA Kit Components
- Precoated microtiter plate, 96wells
- Negative control
- Positive control
- Enzyme conjugate
- 20xWash buffer
- Sample buffer
- Stop solution (the stop solution may not be available due to air cargo restriction)
- Kit manual
- WebMD, Rabies in Dogs.
- Kaila, M., Marjoniemi, J., & Nokireki, T. (2019). Comparative study of rabies antibody titers of dogs vaccinated in Finland and imported street dogs vaccinated abroad. Acta Veterinaria Scandinavica, 61(1), 1-4.