African Swine Fever Vp72, CD2v, MGF Triplex Real-time PCR Kit is used to differenciate ASF virus Vp72/CD2v/MGF gene sequence in swine blood, saliva, lymph nodes, muscle, spleen, kidney, etc and environmental samples.
African swine fever virus (ASFV) is a large, double-stranded DNA virus and the sole member of the Asfarviridae family. ASFV infects domestic pigs, wild boars, warthogs, and bush pigs, as well as soft ticks (Ornithodoros erraticus), which likely act as a vector.
p72 protein with a relative molecular weight of 73.2 kDa is the major structural protein of ASFV, and it is the crucial antigenic protein encoded by the gene B646L (VP72). p72 with its highly antigenic and immunogenic character serves as the major component of viral icosahedrons.
CD2v protein, also named PEP402R, resembles the T-lymphocyte surface adhesion receptor CD2 and has a relative molecular weight of 105 kDa. CD2v protein is involved in cell-cell adhesion, virulence enhancement, and immune response modulation. Its possible role in the pathogenesis of ASFV infection, further role in tissue tropism, immune evasion, and enhancing virus replication in the host was demonstrated.
African swine fever virus multigene family (MGF) 360 and 505 genes have roles in suppressing the type I interferon response and in virulence in pigs, The role of the individual genes is poorly understood. In some research, MFG sequences are removed to prepare vaccines against ASF.
Key facts of this African Swine Fever Vp72, CD2v, MGF Triplex Real-time PCR Kit
- Ready to use kits for veterinary labs
- No special instrument required
- Only less than 60min to get the result
- Low cost with high sensitivity
Performance of the African Swine Fever Vp72, CD2v, MGF Triplex Real-time PCR Kit
African Swine Fever Vp72/CD2v/MGF Triplex Real-time PCR Kit is used to differenciate ASF virus Vp72/CD2v/MGF gene sequence in swine blood, saliva, lymph nodes, muscle, spleen, kidney, etc and environmental samples. It can also be used to confirm whether it is natural infection or artificial infection.
African Swine Fever Vp72, CD2v, MGF Triplex Real-time PCR Kit Components
- Negative Control
- Positive Control
- Enzyme Mix
- Sample buffer
- Jia, N., Ou, Y., Pejsak, Z., Zhang, Y., & Zhang, J. (2017). Roles of African Swine Fever Virus Structural Proteins in Viral Infection. Journal of veterinary research, 61(2), 135–143. https://doi.org/10.1515/jvetres-2017-0017
- Rathakrishnan, A., Connell, S., Petrovan, V., Moffat, K., Goatley, L. C., Jabbar, T., ... & Dixon, L. K. (2022). Diffferential effect of deleting members of African swine fever virus multigene families 360 and 505 from the genotype II Georgia 2007/1 isolate on virus replication, virulence and induction of protection. Journal of virology, jvi-01899.