This Porcine Circovirus type 2, PCV-2 Real-time PCR Kit is used to detect PCV-2 in swine blood, lymph nodes, placenta, lung, etc.
Porcine circovirus (PCV) is a single-stranded DNA virus (class II), that is nonenveloped with an unsegmented circular genome.The viral capsid is icosahedral and approximately 17 nm in diameter. PCV is a member of the virus family Circoviridae.
Porcine circovirus 2 (PCV2) is a single stranded DNA virus with one of the highest mutation rates among DNA viruses. This ability allows it to generate a cloud of mutants constantly providing new opportunities to adapt and evade the immune system. This pig pathogen is associated to many diseases, globally called porcine circovirus diseases (PCVD) and has been a threat to pig industry since its discovery in the early 90’s.
Key facts of this Porcine Circovirus type 2, PCV-2 Real-time PCR Kit
- Ready to use kits for veterinary labs
- No special instrument required
- Only less than 60min to get the result
- Low cost with high sensitivity
Performance of the Porcine Circovirus type 2, PCV-2 Real-time PCR Kit
The kit is based on real-time PCR to detect Porcine Circovirus type 2 in swine blood, lymph nodes, placenta, lung, etc., which is rapid, accurate and easy-to-operate.
Porcine Circovirus type 2, PCV-2 Real-time PCR Kit Components
- Negative Control
- Positive Control
- Enzyme Mix
- Sample buffer
- Correa-Fiz, F., Franzo, G., Llorens, A., Huerta, E., Sibila, M., Kekarainen, T., & Segalés, J. (2020). Porcine circovirus 2 (PCV2) population study in experimentally infected pigs developing PCV2-systemic disease or a subclinical infection. Scientific reports, 10(1), 1-9.
- Iowa State Univ, PCV2 topic page.