This natamycin ELISA kit is an indirect competitive ELISA to determine natamycin concentration in milk, cheese, fermented milk, brine, etc. Detection time is 45min, the detection limit is 2ng/mL.
Natamycin has been used for decades in the food industry as a hurdle to fungal outgrowth in dairy products and other foods. Potential advantages for the usage of natamycin might include the replacement of traditional chemical preservatives, a neutral flavor impact, and less dependence on pH for efficacy, as is common with chemical preservatives. It can be applied in a variety of ways: as an aqueous suspension (such as mixed into a brine) sprayed on the product or into which the product is dipped, or in powdered form (along with an anticaking agent such as cellulose) sprinkled on or mixed into the product (wikipedia).
Key facts of the Natamycin ELISA Kit
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on competitive Immunoassay
- Total time required only 45min
- Highly specific to natamycin.
- Applicable for milk, cheese, brine, yogurt samples
Natamycin ELISA Kit parameters
- Sensitivity: 2ng/ml
- Stability: 12 months when stored properly
- Accuracy: 80%-120%
Natamycin ELISA Kit components
- Precoated microwell, 96wells
- Natamycin standard series, 2 - 32 ng/ml
- Enzyme conjugate
- TMB Substrate
- Stop solution (not available when shipping by air)
- Sample buffer
- Wash buffer
For more information about the natamycin ELISA kit, please feel free to contact us.
Further readings on natamycin applications and testing