This Highly Pathogenic PRRSV Real-time PCR Kit is used to detect PPRSV in swine serum, plasma and tissue samples, which is 100% specific. Applicable for laboratory use.
Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV) is a virus that causes a disease of pigs, called porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS), also known as blue-ear pig disease. This economically important, panzootic disease causes reproductive failure in breeding stock and respiratory tract illness in young pigs. The disease costs the United States swine industry around $644 million annually, and recent estimates in Europe found that it costs almost 1.5 billion euro every year.
Key facts of this Highly Pathogenic PRRSV Real-time PCR Kit
- Ready to use kits for veterinary labs
- Applicable for large quantity testing
- Less than 60min to get the result
- Low cost with high sensitivity
Highly Pathogenic PRRSV Real-time PCR Kit Components
- Positive Control
- Negative Control
- Enzyme Mix
- Sample buffer
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome virus (PRRSV), Iowa State University, College of Veterinary Medicine
- Porcine reproductive and respiratory syndrome (PRRS), The Pigsite.com
- PRRS in pigs, PRRS.com