Sulfonamides ELISA Kit is a competitive ELISA kit to detect Sulfonamidesin milk, milk powder, and honey samples.
Sulfonamides represent a large class of antibiotics that have multiple clinical uses. They are considered bacteriostatic and appear to act by inhibition of bacterial biosynthesis of folic acid, which is needed for cell growth, at least in those bacteria that are sensitive to sulfonamides. Now in all major countries, strict maximum residue limits have been set on Sulfonamides. In EU, the total residue of sulfonamides is set at 100ug/kg for milk, meat, etc.
This current Sulfonamides ELISA Kit is based on indirect competitive ELISA to detect sulfonamides residue in milk and honey. In the kit, sulfa antigen is coated on the microtiter well and samples contained the drug will compete for Sulfonamides specific antibody with the antigen. After washing and adding the HRP conjugate, TMB substrate is used to show the reaction color. The concentration of sulfonamides in sample is inversely proportional to the OD value, which can be interpreted with a standard curve.
Key facts of the Sulfonamides ELISA kit
- Ready to use ELISA kit based on Competitive Immunoassay
- Total time required only 60min
- Highly specific to Sulfonamides.
- Applicable for milk, milk powder, honey samples
Sulfonamides ELISA kit parameters
- Sensitivity: 0.2 ppb, ng/ml
- Stability: 12 months when stored properly
- Accuracy: 70%-120%
Sulfonamides ELISA kit components
- Precoated microwell, 96wells
- Sulfonamides standard series, 0.2 - 51.2 ng/ml
- Enzyme conjugate
- TMB Substrate
- Stop solution (not available when shipping by air)
- Sample buffer
- Wash buffer
Further readings on Sulfonamides and Sulfonamides testing:
- Raviolo, M. A., Rambla-Alegre, M., Clausell-Tormos, J., Capella-Peiró, M. E., Carda-Broch, S., & Esteve-Romero, J. (2007). Determination of sulfonamides in milk after precolumn derivatisation by micellar liquid chromatography. Analytica chimica acta, 593(2), 152-156.
- Li, C., Luo, X., Li, Y., Yang, H., Liang, X., Wen, K., ... & Wang, Z. (2019). A class-selective immunoassay for sulfonamides residue detection in milk using a superior polyclonal antibody with broad specificity and highly uniform affinity. Molecules, 24(3), 443.