The current TCBMA 5in1 rapid test kit is based on lateral flow rapid test technology to detect tetracyclines, cefalexin, beta-lactams, melamine and aflatoxin M1 in milk. It is rapid, accurate and sensitive. The detection limit meets EU, China and USA MRLs.
β-lactam antibiotics, tetracyclines and cefalexin are widely used natural or artificial antibiotics in animal or human clinical practice, side effects of which include severe allergy, etc. Maximum Residue Level/Limit (MRL) has been established against these two classes of drugs in USA, EU, Japan, China and many other countries.
Melamine (CAS No. 108-78-1) is used in the production of melamine resins, typically by reaction with formaldehyde. It has many industrial uses, including in the production of laminates, glues, adhesives, moulding compounds, coatings and flame retardants. Melamine is an ilegal chemical that was added into milk powder to increase the nitrogen content tested by Kjeldahl method. CODEX has set 2ug/kg as the MRL. Aflatoxin M1 is the main metabolite of aflatoxins in animals, particularly in dairy cattles. Aflatoxin M1 residue is present in milk and milk products. In USA, the MRL for aflatoxin M1 is 0.5ug/kg in milk, in EU, MRL is 0.05ug/kg.
Key facts of the Tetra, cefalexin, beta, melamine, aflatoxin M1, TCBMA 5in1 rapid test kit
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubation required
- Result visible in 10min
- Receptor assay with broad-specificity to all β-lactams, tetracyclines and cefalexin.
- EU MRL / US MRL can be met in different specifications
Detection limit of the Tetra, cefalexin, beta, melamine, aflatoxin M1, TCBMA 5in1 rapid test kit
|Cefalexin||6 - 10 ppb|
|Melamine||30 - 50 ppb|
|Aflatoxin M1||0.3 - 0.4 ppb|
This product utilizes the high-affinity antibodies and captures protein against cefalexin, tetracyclines and beta-lactams antibiotics, which can easily identify these potentially hazardous substances in milk without any instrument. Please always refer to the kit instruction manual for the latest detection limit. The above table is only for reference.
- TCBMA 5in1 Rapid Test Strip, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
- Gossner, C. M., Schlundt, J., Ben Embarek, P., Hird, S., Lo-Fo-Wong, D., Beltran, J. J., Teoh, K. N., & Tritscher, A. (2009). The melamine incident: implications for international food and feed safety. Environmental health perspectives, 117(12), 1803–1808. https://doi.org/10.1289/ehp.0900949
- Mollayusefian, I., Ranaei, V., Pilevar, Z., Cabral-Pinto, M. M., Rostami, A., Nematolahi, A., ... & Khaneghah, A. M. (2021). The concentration of aflatoxin M1 in raw and pasteurized milk: A worldwide systematic review and meta-analysis. Trends in Food Science & Technology, 115, 22-30.