The current Flunixin rapid test kit is based on lateral flow rapid test technology to detect flunixin meglumine residue in milk. It is rapid, accurate and sensitive. The detection limit meets EU, China and USA MRLs.
Flunixin is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug, analgesic, and antipyretic used in horses, cattle and pigs. It is often formulated as the meglumine salt. In the United States, it is regulated by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, and may only be lawfully distributed by order of a licensed veterinarian. Flunixin meglumine is used in veterinary medicine as an alternative to narcotic analgesics and as an antiinflammatory agent.
Key facts of the Flunixin rapid test kit
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubation required
- Result visible in 10min
- Immunoassay with high-specificity to flunixin meglumine
- EU MRL / US MRL can be met in different specifications
Technical Information for the flunixin meglumine Rapid Test Kit
||Flunixin Meglumine Rapid Test Kit
||2-8 degree celsius at cool dark place
||5 - 8 ppb
||5min+5min, room temperature
||Optional, with NBReader Q3 or Q3 mini
Detection limit of the Flunixin rapid test kit
5-8ppb, this product utilizes the high-affinity antibodies against flunixin, which can easily identify these potentially hazardous substances in milk without any instrument. Please always refer to the kit instruction manual for the latest detection limit. The above LOD is only for reference.
- Flunixin Rapid Test Strip, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
- Feely, W. F., Chester-Yansen, C., Thompson, K., Campbell, J. W., Boner, P. L., Liu, D. D., & Crouch, L. S. (2002). Flunixin residues in milk after intravenous treatment of dairy cattle with (14)C-flunixin. Journal of agricultural and food chemistry, 50(25), 7308–7313. https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0258609
- Zoetis FLUNIXAMINE® (flunixin meglumine) Injectable Solution Web Page, access date: March 28, 2022.
- Gorden, P. J., Kleinhenz, M. D., Warner, R., Sidhu, P. K., & Coetzee, J. F. (2019). Short communication: Determination of the milk pharmacokinetics and depletion of milk residues of flunixin following transdermal administration to lactating Holstein cows. Journal of dairy science, 102(12), 11465–11469. https://doi.org/10.3168/jds.2019-16639