This aminoglycosides rapid test kit is a 4in1 QuaTest used to detect gentamicin, neomycin, kanamycin, streptomycin, and dihydrostreptomycin in milk samples.
Aminoglycosides are a class of antibiotics used mainly in the treatment of aerobic gram-negative bacilli infections, although they are also effective against other bacteria including Staphylococci and Mycobacterium tuberculosis. They are often used in combination with other antibiotics.
As an effective antibacterial agent, aminoglycoside antibiotics are one of the commonly used veterinary drugs in animal husbandry and aquaculture. In addition, they are often added to feed to promote animal growth and development. However, due to illegal or unreasonable use in the breeding process, excessive residues of aminoglycoside antibiotics in food have become one of the most concerning food safety issues. The main toxic side effects of such antibiotics are manifested in the impairment of hearing and kidneys. Therefore, many countries and institutions have established clear maximum residue limits for the residues of such drugs in food.
Key facts of the aminoglycosides rapid test kit
- Ready to use kits for farmers, truck drivers, etc
- No incubator required
- Result visible in 10min
- Receptor assay with broad-specificity to all gentamycin, neomycin, kanamycin and streptomycin antibiotics.
- EU MRL / US MRL can be met in different specifications
Detection Limit of the aminoglycosides rapid test kit
This product utilizes the high-affinity antibodies and captures protein against gentamycin, neomycin, kanamycin, and streptomycin antibiotics, which can easily identify these potentially hazardous substances in milk without any instrument.
the aminoglycosides rapid test kit components
- QuaTest Aminoglycosides Test Strip, 96pcs
- Microwell reagent, 96wells
- Plastic Pipette, 96pcs
Certificate and Validation
This kit is being validated by ILVO
- Krause, K. M., Serio, A. W., Kane, T. R., & Connolly, L. E. (2016). Aminoglycosides: an overview. Cold Spring Harbor perspectives in medicine, 6(6), a027029.
- Yasser Albadrany, (2019). Antibacterial, aminoglycoside used in veterinary medicine, https://www.researchgate.net/publication/333405136_Antibacterial_aminoglycoside_used_in_veterinary_medicine